The FiX™ 82 is the ultimate tool for building a great sounding system using the OEM source. Equipped with a powerful 24-bit DSP processor, the FiX™ 82 delivers world-class sound and incredible functionality allowing the integration of complex factory source units with aftermarket audio equipment. It combines a level matching, summing preamp with delay and frequency response correction, all housed within a single chassis.
The FiX™ 82 may be used to perform the following functions:
- Eight differential-balanced inputs accept virtually any OEM analog audio signal, from low-voltage, line-level to high power, amplified speaker-level, and converts them to digital audio with 24-bit effective resolution.
- Compatible with full-range and band-limited OEM signals, outputs from factory 2-way, 3-way or 4-way stereo systems are automatically summed into a complete, full-range stereo signal.
- Factory filtered or “tuned” signals are automatically restored back to a flat, full-range audio output. These digital-domain corrections can vary from subtle to dramatic, depending on the amount of equalization engineered into the factory audio system.
- Time delayed OEM signals are automatically corrected into a synchronized output.
- A simple calibration process performs signal summing, EQ restoration and time-delay correction tasks automatically.
- Digitally corrected signals can then be sent to your aftermarket signal processors or amplifiers via two methods:
* Analog audio through a stereo pair of low-distortion, 4-volt (RMS) line-level outputs
* Digital audio through an optical (Toslink) output, supporting PCM audio (S/PDIF) 48kHz/24bit
- Differential-balanced input architecture ensures noise immunity and
compatibility with most analog output OEM source units or amplifiers.
- Selectable turn-on options for activation include: conventional 12-volt
trigger, automatic via Signal-Sensing or automatic via DC Offset-Sensing.
- Provides a dedicated remote turn-on voltage output for activating aftermarket amplifiers or signal processors.
- JLID Controller Port allows connection of the optional DRC-100 Digital Remote Controller (sold separately), adding Master Volume Control, Handsfree Optimization Mode and Input Clipping Indicator capabilities from the driver’s seat.
- USB port provides access to update firmware and advanced options.
So, what can you do with TüN™, when connected to a FiX™ DSP?
- Apply 10-bands of user-defined Graphic EQ to each output signal. Yes, you can tune the system, after calibration. How cool is that!
- View the frequency response of all inputs from the OEM system in clear, graphical form. No need for other test equipment to troubleshoot calibration and signal issues.
- View the frequency response of the summed and corrected output signals. Get a clear view of the end result!
- Mute any input for troubleshooting and calibration optimization.
- Reverse the polarity of any input right from your laptop. Fix wiring errors with just a single click!
Initiate a new calibration from your laptop. No need to access the FiX™ hardware!
- Defeat/Engage Delay Correction... great for demos!
The FiX™ 82 may be used as a standalone integration device, sending crystal-clear audio to your amplifiers or as a gateway to world-class sound by using it with our TwK™ System Tuning DSP (sold separately).