MediaMaster® MM100s OS Update
This update includes:
- General improvements and fixes
- Improved compatibility with Apple iOS 13+
- Improved USB behavior/response
*Note: JL Audio recommends a 16GB or smaller USB thumb drive for this update.
Follow these steps to view which software version is currently loaded in your MediaMaster® MM100s:
- With the MM100s turned on, press and hold SETTINGS to access the System Settings: Main Menu.
- Rotate the VOL/SEL knob clockwise to Diagnostic; press and release the VOL/SEL knob to select Diagnostic.
- The software version currently in use will be displayed after SW ver:
Follow the steps below to download and install (or reinstall) the latest operating software for the MediaMaster® MM100s:
- (ver: 4.1.9bf6672)
- Extract the files and open the "JLA_MediaMaster_Software" folder. (all users can ignore the "_MACOSX" folder)
- Review the included PDF license agreement (MM100s_OS_EULA.pdf).
- Save the three remaining files (highlighted below) to a USB thumb drive. (Thumb drive should be empty and formatted to FAT32 or ExFAT.)
Note, these three files should be saved to the root directory (top level) of the thumb drive (not placed in a folder).
- Disconnect +12VDC power from the MM100s. This can be accomplished by removing its fuse, unplugging the 4-pin Power Connector plug, or by turning off the vessel’s main battery disconnect switch, if equipped.
- Insert the USB thumb drive into the USB port of the MM100s.
- Reconnect +12VDC power to the MM100s to begin its startup.
- In the following moments (about 2 minutes total), these three messages will appear in succession, just above the yellow line on the display screen:
"Updating system files", "Running update script", and "Updating bootloader"
- When “Update Complete. Remove USB media” appears on the display screen, unplug/remove the USB thumb drive from the MM100s and disconnect +12VDC power from the MM100s (see step 5 above).**
- Reconnect +12VDC and turn on the MM100s. Update complete.
** If the update did not automatically begin upon applying +12VDC and you are currently on SW v4.0 or higher, navigate to the Diagnostic menu again and rotate the VOL/SEL knob clockwise until "Enter SW Update Mode" is selected. Press the VOL/SEL to select it.
A prompt to proceed with the update will appear, be sure the USB thumb drive with the proper file is connected at this time. Rotate the VOL/SEL knob clockwise to highlight "Yes", press the VOL/SEL knob once to continue.
Proceed back to Step 8.