Our Gotham® and Fathom® v2 powered home subwoofers are clear statements of our commitment to the pursuit of great audio. Below is a summary of all updates and improvements implemented in the Gotham® v2 and all Fathom® v2 subwoofer systems, in comparison to the original Gotham® and Fathom® models.
All v2 subwoofer drivers have modified suspensions for greater linearity and lower distortion.
The v2 powered subwoofer amplifiers have been further optimized, with all-new layouts and upgraded components, resulting in increased power output and efficiency. The net result is a 20% increase in available power.
A.R.O. Goes Digital!
Our innovative A.R.O. (Automatic Room Optimization) system gets a complete overhaul, creating an even more powerful tool!
- D.A.R.O. (Digital Automatic Room Optimization) now includes 18 bands of digital EQ correction making it capable of correcting more complex frequency errors.
- Each band is independently and automatically adjusted during calibration
- The system applies an automatic global level adjustment to maintain equal loudness, post-calibration.
- Calibration stimulus is now band-limited pink noise with measurement averaging – this means more in-room noise immunity, making measurements more reliable and repeatable.
- One button operation makes D.A.R.O. easier to use. Subwoofer output levels and mic gain are set automatically, requiring no user intervention. This results in more reliable calibration.
- Calibration data is easily cleared with the press of two buttons.
Even More Improvements!
Further circuitry enhancements used in all v2 models result in improved performance and efficiency.
- Analog input/output circuits, as well as the digital signal flow have been upgraded for improved small-signal linearity and significantly better noise performance.
- Unbalanced input signal isolation circuitry has been modified, improving signal-to-noise performance.
- The mechanical layout of the low-level circuits has been revamped - audio signals no longer pass though the front control panel, significantly simplifying internal wiring and improving audio performance.
- All small-signal circuitry is housed within a separate, cast-aluminum enclosure, with signal and AC power circuits isolated from one another, for improved noise rejection.
- For ease of service, the main AC power fuse is now externally accessible.