MediaMaster® MM50 OS Update
Follow these steps to view which software version is currently loaded in your MediaMaster® MM50:
- With the MM50 turned on, press and hold SETTINGS to access the System Settings: Main Menu.
- Rotate VOL/SEL clockwise to Diagnostic; press VOL/SEL to select.
- The software version currently in use will be displayed after SW ver:
Follow the steps below to download and install (or reinstall) the latest operating software for the MediaMaster® MM50:
- (ver: 20180427113511)
- Extract the files and review the included PDF license agreement (MM_OS_EULA.pdf).
- Save the .bin file (highlighted below) to a USB thumb drive. (Thumb drive should be empty and formatted to FAT32 or ExFAT.)
Note, this file should be saved to the root directory (top level) of the thumb drive (not placed in a folder).
- Disconnect +12VDC power from the MM50. This can be accomplished by removing its fuse, unplugging the 4-pin Power Connector plug, or by turning off the vessel’s main battery disconnect switch, if equipped.
- Insert the USB thumb drive into the USB port of the MM50.
- Reconnect +12VDC power to the MM50 to begin its startup.
- In the following moments (about one minute total), a series of messages ("Search for Firmware", "Storing", "Erasing" " Flashing", "Starting", etc) will appear in succession, just above the yellow line on the display screen as the update proceeds automatically.
- Once the update is completed, the MM50 will reboot and its display will go to sleep. Simply press the SOURCE button to begin listening.
Note: We recommend to follow the steps at the top to verify that the latest software version was successfully installed. Do not forget to unplug/remove the USB thumb drive from the MM50.