MediaMaster® MM50 OS Update
This update includes:
- General improvements and fixes
- Added Raymarine MFD compatibility (See Raymarine for specific device compatibility info)
- Added observed zone muting during volume control
- Added zone control access via Volume knob press (no longer requires knob rotation)
- Improved RDS data/text scrolling
- Improved USB behavior/response
Follow these steps to view which software version is currently loaded in your MediaMaster® MM50:
- With the MM50 turned on, press and hold SETTINGS to access the System Settings: Main Menu.
- Rotate VOL/SEL clockwise to Diagnostic; press VOL/SEL to select.
- The software version currently in use will be displayed after SW ver:
Follow the steps below to download and install (or reinstall) the latest operating software for the MediaMaster® MM50:
- (ver: 20190220070356)
- Extract the files and review the included PDF license agreement (MM_OS_EULA.pdf).
- Save the .bin file (highlighted below) to a USB thumb drive. (Thumb drive should be empty and formatted to FAT32 or ExFAT.)
Note, this file should be saved to the root directory (top level) of the thumb drive (not placed in a folder).
- Disconnect +12VDC power from the MM50. This can be accomplished by removing its fuse, unplugging the 4-pin Power Connector plug, or by turning off the vessel’s main battery disconnect switch, if equipped.
- Insert the USB thumb drive into the USB port of the MM50.
- Reconnect +12VDC power to the MM50 to begin its startup.
- In the following moments (about one minute total), a series of messages ("Search for Firmware", "Storing", "Erasing" " Flashing", "Starting", etc) will appear in succession, just above the yellow line on the display screen as the update proceeds automatically. **
Once the update is completed, the MM50 will reboot and its display will go to sleep. Simply press the SOURCE button to begin listening.
Note: We recommend to follow the steps at the top to verify that the latest software version was successfully installed. Do not forget to unplug/remove the USB thumb drive from the MMR-40.
** If the update did not automatically begin upon applying +12VDC, navigate to the Diagnostic menu again and rotate the VOL/SEL knob clockwise until "Enter SW Update Mode" is selected. Press the VOL/SEL to select it.
A prompt to proceed with the update will appear, be sure the USB thumb drive with the proper file is connected at this time. Rotate the VOL/SEL knob clockwise to highlight "Yes", press the VOL/SEL knob once to continue.