Please read the following article in it's entirety before beginning. If you are not comfortable performing any of the outlined steps, please visit a local Authorized Dealer to have the unit sent in to our service center for repairs instead.
- USB Type A-to-A Cable (Male to Male)
- Windows PC with an available USB port
- MfgTool Program for MM100s (contained within MFGTOOL.ZIP linked below)
Please download the MFGTOOL.ZIP from the following Dropbox link:
Once you have navigated to the Dropbox page from the link above, you will need to click the download button (usually located in the top right corner of the web page) to download the MFGTOOL.ZIP. After clicking the download button, select "Direct download." The compressed ZIP file will now download to your PC.
- Unzip the MFGTOOL.ZIP file downloaded above. Navigate to the folder with the contents unzipped.
- Launch MfgTool
- With the MediaMaster® OFF, attach the USB Type A-to-A cable from the MM100s to your Windows-PC. Then, press and hold “VOL” button and power on the unit. Keep holding the “VOL” button for 20 seconds after powering on, then release the button.
Screen must remain blacked out during the whole reset process. If the unit starts to load after releasing the "VOL" button, please repeat Step 3.
- In the MfgTool software, click on "Scan Devices", connected USB device will show up in Section A. Click “Start” to start the firmware update process.
- Software loading begins, process usually takes about 5 minutes.
- There is a “disconnection sound” from the PC.
- The MfgTool resumes running automatically.
- The screen shows “Operations Complete.”
Once you see the “Operations Complete” above the green bar in Section A, press the red “Stop” button.
- Disconnect the USB cable from MM100s, and restart MM100s.
- MM100s is no longer stuck on the splash screen, the unit has been recovered and should boot normally.
- Update the software on the MM100s to the latest version.