When launching TüN™ software on a Windows PC with an internet connection, TüN™ software will automatically check the firmware version on the USB connected VXi amplifier. If the installed firmware on the amplifier is out of date, TüN™ will prompt you to update the amplifier's firmware. When prompted to update the amplifier, select okay and TüN™ will update the amplifier to the latest firmware version.
If you are having trouble updating the VXi amplifier's firmware through TüN™, please follow these steps:
If you receive an error message stating "Failed awaiting DFU device mode..." when following the prompts for a VXi firmware update through TüN™, the issue may be attributed to Windows assigning the wrong device driver to the amplifier. If you are experiencing this behavior, please follow the steps below to manually assign the proper device driver:
- Reboot the amplifier by pressing and releasing the right recessed button under the rubber flap labeled "SD + Reset." The amplifier's JL Audio Logo badge LED will turn off and back on.
- Place the amplifier in update mode by simultaneously pressing and releasing the left and right buttons under the rubber flap labeled "SD + Reset." The amplifier's JL Audio Logo badge LED will turn off. The amplifier is now in DFU bootloader mode. Connect the VXi amp via USB to the Windows PC.
Rubber flap labeled "SD + Reset" on VXi amplifier:
With power on at the VXi amplifier, simultaneously press and release the two recessed buttons under the rubber flap labeled "SD + Reset." The amplifier's JL Audio logo badge illumination will turn off. The amplifier is now in DFU mode.
- With the VXi amplifier in DFU mode and connected via USB to the Windows PC with TüN™ installed, navigate to the Windows Device Manager and locate the amplifier in the device list. With the amplifier in DFU mode, it should show up as "STM32 Bootloader Device" under either "Universal Serial Bus Devices" or "Universal Serial Bus Controllers." If you are not seeing the device connection in the device manager list, unplug the VXi amplifier from the Windows PC's USB port and look for any device connections that disappear from the list, then subsequently reappear in the list once reconnecting the VXi amplifier to the Windows PC's USB port. Once the device connection is identified within the list, right click the VXi amplifier device (STM32 Bootloader Device) in the device list and select "update driver." You will be prompted with a window that asks how you would like to search for the driver. Select "Browse my computer for driver software."
- Next, you will be prompted with a window that allows you to select where to browse for the device driver. Click "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer."
- You will now be prompted for driver selection. Click the "Have Disk" button at the bottom of the window.
- A new window will pop up allowing you to begin navigating to the location of the driver. Click the "Browse" button.
- Within the next window, navigate to OS (C:) and double click "Program Files x86."
- Double click the JL Audio folder.
- Double click the "TuN" folder.
- Double click the "Drivers" folder.
- Double click the "dfu" folder.
- Select "STtube", then click the open button at the bottom of the window.
- Click the "OK" button and follow the additional prompts to install the selected device driver.
- Once you have successfully manually assigned the device driver, disconnect the VXi amplifier from the computer, then press and release the right recessed button under the rubber flap labeled "SD + Reset" to reboot the amplifier. The amplifier's JL Audio logo badge LED should turn on. Once on, reconnect the VXi amplifier to the Windows PC, launch TüN™ software, then follow the prompts for the firmware update within TüN™. When TüN™ prompts you for the firmware update click OK. Once TüN™ begins the update process, the amplifier should now successfully receive the firmware update from TüN™.